Friday 5 February 2010

Rubbish Blogger

I have been so lazy this week. No blog, no Twitter and not much Facebook either - although that's only due to a massive Blackberry fail. The rest is the result of a stinking cold, which I'm blaming on the detox. I have decided to abandon the juice part of the detox in favour of merely eliminating alcohol for a month, which has proved successful so far, although next week will be the big test, with leaving do's galore. I can't believe I've completed my final full week at Harvey Nichols - it's so strange - everyone's asking me if I'm excited, but I just can't be until I feel comfortable that everything's done. There's still so much to do though, aaaargh!
I took a giant leap towards learning to snowboard (No.5) on Friday with a three-hour lesson at Xscape. I was pretty impressed with how much I had remembered and how surprisingly confident I was considering it's two years since our gorgeous trip to Avoriaz. I was on t'big slope in no time, and was feeling pretty cocky until I decked it in a huge way. Still, it was mildly less embarrassing than when I got my jacket/pants/both caught on the button lift and I got yanked up the slope backwards by my arse.
Emma and I have decided to enrol in a military fitness class at Roundhay Park. I'm not quite sure what it is about being yelled at by some huge army dude that appeals (erm.. nothing), but we both want to tone up for Glastonbury (all paid for - whoop!) and figure if we're both doing it then there's more chance we'll stick with it. Anyway, what could be more fun at 9am on a Saturday than sprinting around a muggy, freezing park with scaffolding chained to your ankles. That was clearly a retorical question - even having needles pushed down my fingernails sounds like a slightly more tempting option. But committed we are - you never know, I could end up ticking off No.3...

No comments:

Post a Comment